Wetteri is an entrepreneur-driven growth company
Founded in 1960, Wetteri is a multi-brand dealership whose steady growth is founded on a comprehensive business model comprising services from car retail sale to extensive after-market services. The company’s business activities cover the sale of new passenger cars, second-hand cars, utility vehicles and heavy vehicles and extensive after-market services from spare parts to service and repair operations. In addition to the effective business model, the company’s multi-brand strategy and digital capabilities give the company a competitive advantage.
The company’s senior management owns a significant portion of Wetteri’s shares. Wetteri’s growth strategy is being implemented by a group of committed and bold leaders with proven track-record on growing business – for the common good of all shareholders.
1. Comprehensive business model
- Wetteri’s full-service business model covers services from the sale of new passenger cars and heavy vehicles to spare parts, service and repair operations and second-hand car dealing.
- Wetteri has a broad clientele of both corporate and private customers.
- After-market services make up a significant percentage of the company’s turnover, and over 70% of the company’s personnel work in service. Long-term service contracts for heavy vehicles create stability in the everchanging conditions.
2. Finland’s widest brand offering
- Wetteri is a multi-brand dealership with Finland’s largest passenger car portfolio. The company is a licensed retailer and maintenance representative of 13 car brands and has an authorised maintenance model with nine additional brands. We sell six of Finland’s top-selling car brands.
- Wetteri is also responsible for the sales of Volvo and Renault lorries, maintenance and spare parts services for these brands, as well as maintenance and spare parts services for earth movers within its market area.
3. Strong track record of profitable growth
- Wetteri has a strong track record of profitable growth, which the company’s management is confident of maintaining going forward.
- Wetteri is one of the fastest-growing companies in its sector: the company has posted an average annual growth of 8% in 2015–2021 and has also been able to improve its profitability thanks to digitalisation, for example.
- With its 38% market share1), Wetteri is the market leader in Northern Finland.
- In the opinion of the company’s management, Wetteri’s strong brand portfolio and after-market service offering even out market fluctuations and offer predictability in unstable market conditions.
4. Active consolidator of the sector
- Finland’s highly fragmented automotive market offers major consolidation potential. In the view of the company’s management, Wetteri has excellent prospects of being an active consolidator in the sector.
- Wetteri has identified a number of acquisition targets that would support the company’s strategy. These companies are well-managed, bringing competence and leadership to Wetteri in addition to growth.
- The identified acquisition targets enable synergy benefits in both returns and expenses. Our integration model for acquired companies is light and thus cost-effective.
5. Positive market prospects
- The automotive industry is going through the greatest transformation in its history as a result of new business and distribution channel models, the introduction of electric vehicles, digitalisation, increasingly strict environmental requirements and new technological innovations.
- In the management’s opinion, these major change trends and investment needs are driving the industry towards establishing larger and more profitable units. This change is a key driver of Wetteri’s growth.
- The age of Finnish passenger cars is above the EU average, creating opportunities for Wetteri in both the retail and after markets. In addition, the electrification of motoring increases the demand for make-specific service expertise.
6. Known Finnish ownership
- The company’s management has a strong track record of successful mergers and acquisitions that have increased shareholder value.
- CEO Aarne Simula has been piloting Wetteri on a profitable growth track since 2008.
- Wetteri is owned by a public consortium of entrepreneurs with extensive business experience and a strong track record of successful mergers and acquisitions that have increased shareholder value.
1)Market share calculated based on the Finnish Central Organisation for Motor Trades and Repairs’ (AKL) local registration statistics and Wetteri’s own passenger car sales figures.